#TheAviators club has hundreds of working volunteer hours behind the scenes that continue daily toward evolving the organization and flow of both the Quarterly Tribute Flights and establishing #TheAviators #Angels Squadron. These are the club’s functions specific to passed away pets and animals known as OTRB (Over The Rainbow Bridge).
This blog briefing is directed to guidelines (protocols) for club members related to OTRB.
1. As a member of #TheAviators, when you have a close pal go OTRB and you want #TheAviators #Angels to be aware of it, tweet or DM (check-in) with Squadron’s leader @MundarePeggy. In some cases, Peggy is already aware and actively working with that impacted family and in other cases it will be newly known information.
2. #TheAviators #Angels fly only at the request of an impacted family. Often, behind the scenes that family is actively involved in providing information and pictures for the flight mission. Past Twitter history revealed that otherwise (without family permissions) there were times when well-meaning, well intended friends hurt grieving families.
When #TheAviators #Angels was established this is their only criteria, a family must directly ask and/or directly give permission for the flight mission. (Even our own #TheAviators members fall within these guidelines when they have a pet pass away.)
3. As a member of #TheAviators, it is OK to let any pals know there is #TheAviators #Angels and who the contact is @MundarePeggy. Peggy is the established squadron leader. Peggy spent hours of time with club leadership team to bring about #TheAviators #Angels. Peggy, as leader is the one who is consistently available to work together with families, schedule and plan flights and has already given numerous volunteer hours doing just that.
4. If you brought a close pal who has passed away forward to Peggy, resulting in a scheduled #TheAviators #Angels Flight Mission and are both interested, available, competent and confident to lead a scheduled flight – all you need to do is ask or be clear about that with Peggy early in.
Example: – ” Peggy, If pals name has a flight, I would be interested in leading it” via DM (direct message).
5. We are asking pals to simply remember hundreds of behind the scene volunteer hours on a continuing basis go into #TheAviators and #TheAviators #Angels OTRB specific functions and flight missions. Please respect the organization and formats that have been put in place. When it comes to the sensitivity of OTRB (passed away pets) and their families it is not advisable for individual #TheAviators flyers to arbitrarily launch their own flight missions. Be it Quarterly Missions or under #TheAviators #Angels we fly together as a group.
These are now written common sense guidelines (protocols) for all #TheAviators club members.
If you have a comment, even an idea you think will help improve organization that is OTRB related, you are welcome to leave it in the comment section and/or contact @MundarePeggy by tweet or DM (direct message) on Twitter.
Thank you. #TheAviators @theaviatorsclub HQ staff.